Korean Cosmetics and Skin Care

When I travelled to Hong Kong last year, I got hooked on a few Korean brand skin care and cosmetics. The three most memorable brands to me are Lioele, Coreana and Missha and I just want to talk about these briefly.
Coreana
One of my favorite products from my Hong Kong haul is the Coreana Water Active Cream. It's more like a gel and it just feels so good on my face. It's easy to spread and just a little goes a long way. It took me about 3 months to finish a jar and I use it day and night. It's awesome for summer because it's so light and it makes my face feel so soft.


As much as I love Water Active Cream, I do need something a little more moisturizing for the winter. When I bought the Water Active Cream, I got samples of the Coreana Special Care Moisture Essential Cream and a matching Serum. I tried it and the serum felt really oily. But the cream was nice. So, I asked my mom to get me one for the winter. It also has a gel-like consistency like Water Active Cream but it feels a little bit thicker. It leaves my face nice and soft and not greasy at all. Just awesome!


Here's a picture of the actual cream. Both have a light sweet scent. And I love the frosted colors of the jars! Yes, I am a sucker for packaging. I would tell you the ingredients but it's all in Korean. Anyway, if you can get your hands on these, give it a try!



Lioele

I love Lioele for its romantic packaging! Yes, I am a sucker for packaging. I don't even use blush that often, but this one is just too cute. So I bought it. It looks very bright in the jar but it's not that scary. It's a very flattering color.

Lioele Blush

I also have the water drop BB cream. If you don't know what BB cream is, it's just like tinted moisturizer, but with a cooler name. This one is very light, both in color and texture. You can check out a more in depth review at InsideOutElle.

Lioele Blush and Water Drop BB Cream

Missha
Oooo Missha. How I love your crazy discounts. I am not crazy about their cosmetics, but their BB Cream is pretty good. Check out all the stuff I got with my friends over Christmas!


Here are my current favorites from Missha: B.B Boomer, Perfect Cover B.B. Cream and M Shimmering Blusher. The BB Cream is a lot heavier than the Lioele one and has very good coverage. I put on the BB Boomer and the the BB Cream and add a little bit of the blusher for some shimmer. It's a very light color and works well as a highlighter. I have also tried their makeup removing oil which is excellent.


There are a few sites that sell Korean brand products like PrettyandCute.com and I think you can get a bunch on Ebay too.

As a side note, I have having a big destash sale at my supplies shop! Items are up to 75% off! Take a look if you have a moment :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...