Weird messages

On a recent trip, I encountered some oddly phrased and unsuccessful signs.

I knew the airport security screening was thorough, but "sterile"?

Getting on the plane, I was reminded not to feed the birds, as "birds endanger aircraft." Hmmm, I don't see any birds. I certainly wasn't planning on feeding them while in the gangway. But now, they've planted a new fear about flying.

Surely there's a better location for this staff-only message?

A medication for treatment of bipolar mania welcomed me to San Diego. (You guessed it, the pharmaceutical convention was in town.) But if I am arriving on a flight, I'm walking quickly past this dense message. If I've already attended, I've already missed them at booth #1142. Is this a smart way to spend ad dollars? Why not just say the name of the drug, what it treats, and the web address in big letters? Maybe a regular passenger has a manic aunt who could use this drug.

"Your car is number 43." Is this it?

Repaint your stall numbers. It is THE most important information you have to convey.

Tip of the day:
Think about what you're saying, and who you are communicating with. Have other people read signs before they get fabricated. Choose people who know nothing about the topic. If they understand, go ahead and have them made.

Technorati Tags: , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...