Bathroom Blogfest ends, for this year at least

When Susan Abbott and I concocted this idea, we thought it might be a fun way of examining a topic that seemed to resonate with many people. What we got were a whole series of deep, funny, and thought-provoking posts from a wide variety of perspectives. I'd like to thank Susan for all her hard work and our fabulous logo, Cynthia Jones for creating our press release, and all the other bloggers who joined us:

Sara Cantor's "true confessions" on handwashing rang true for me as well, and I see that it's been picked up by some interesting newsfeeds in the research and science arena.

Jackie Huba's funny post took me back to my beloved Chicago stomping grounds. I know she is getting ready to launch her new book next month, and we appreciate her fitting this in.

Reshma Anand's evocative trip down memory lane took me far away to a time and place not part of my experience, but I felt I'd been there with her as my giggly, shy, 17-year-old self. And her perspectives, from a rapidly developing country, contrasted so well with the other posts.

Susan Abbott made me think, a lot, as she applied theory to this issue in a number of posts that made me bring my A-game, just to keep up!

Sandra Renshaw jumped in and added the "green" perspective, something near and dear to my heart that hadn't occurred to me in this context.

C.B. Whittemore must have put out a broadcast email to people all over the U.S. in preparation, as she brought in so many ideas, comments, and behind-the-scenes design and finishing tidbits that were great and fascinating to read.

Linda Tischler was hilarious, bringing in all her great resources, from Paco Underhill (one of my favorite authors) to PopTech and beyond, and of course raised the awareness for the event several orders of magnitude. Thanks, Linda.

And Maria Palma took us dancing in TJ and into the Nordstrom's lounge with her unique retail perspective.

Thanks to the many other bloggers, male and female, who picked up the concept and made it their own.

Technorati Tags: , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...