First impressions and a welcome in La Mesa, CA

I'm doing a story about the 8-step process and Main Streets, and visited this charming town just a ten-minute drive from downtown San Diego. I love the way this shop tied their fresh sign into the existing Old World Euro look of the rest of the street.

Great way to welcome people in.

Love the design and lettering, and the monochromatic window display is strong.

Even the "no restrooms" sign is friendly.*

The cute interior has an upscale flea market, Shabby Chic feeling, and the way they group items by color palette works well.

Tip of the Day: Getting the details right makes all the difference, whether you run a retail boutique or a medical office.

* Every single store on this street has a variation of the "no public restrooms" sign, so I had to ask the owner, what gives? Turns out that someone has been making a living suing small establishments like this for having non-ADA-compliant restrooms. What a shame.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...