Integrating your online and actual experiences

When I was getting ready for my trip to Chicago in May I decided to scope out good restaurants in walking distance of my South Loop hotel. I found this one, Tamarind Sushi.

Their website allowed me to read the menu and get a feel for the prices and atmosphere.

The website was completely accurate and integrated with design elements from the actual restaurant.

I liked the little design touches like the bamboo.


The food was so fantastic and reasonably priced I went back 3 nights later, enjoying excellent service both times. An Experienceology highlight!

Tip of the day: You build customer trust through consistency. Integrate your online and bricks-and-mortar experiences.

My only suggestion for Tamarind would be to reduce the Flash animation on their website. It's hard to navigate because of the way the Flash loads. If someone doesn't have Flash, they can't get this restaurant's key content: location, hours, menu, catering. While it was themed, I found the very short track of music—repeating endlessly—distracting. If you're offering music on your website, it's good to have a longer track that plays through just once. Better yet, allow the viewer the choice to click to play it. People surfing the Net at work don't necessarily want to set off a music track.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...