Albuquerque Museum of Art & History.
The building is a little blank from the walking entry, but the beautiful materials blend in well with the desert landscape.
An amazing sculpture garden, including this piece out front, welcomed you in.
The entrance to the new wing, bright and airy, told me I was going to have a special experience.
This was as far as I could take photographs, so I can't show you more. Their Web site doesn't come close to showcasing the experience this museum offers. I was lucky enough to catch the Biennial Southwest Show. Incredible, inspiring art—beautifully displayed—kept my interest long after I would have expected. The Web site describing this amazing show, one of the best I've seen, is long paragraphs of text, long lists of artists' names, and only two, very poor, images of any art. While there are issues with placing artists' work on the Web, work out ways to offer images, like very small files embedded with watermarks, to fully express your visual experience.
Tip of the day: Your Web experience should preview your real experience, as many customers use the Web to decide where to go. Don't be afraid that if you show too much, people won't bother to come in person. The opposite is true. Your Web site should give a clear idea of how large your facility is, what it looks like, and what there is to do. For more information on good Web experiences, visit Interface Guru.
Technorati Tags: customer experience, web usability, museum, visitor experience